Is This Onion Water Hack the Secret to Healthy Hair?

Gaunitz says claims about onion water’s benefits for the hair “hold validity to a degree.” But he doesn’t unconditionally support the practice because “it’s subject to a random recipe” with a “variety of variables” that may or may not work.

While Cardi B’s hack involved boiling onions and using the water, Gaunitz notes that he’s encountered patients who’ve blended onions to make a juice-like substance that they use as a scalp treatment before rinsing it off in the shower.

Still others chop the vegetable and add it to their shampoo. That’s the case for [PureWow writer Angie Martinez-Tejada] who learned about the supposed trick from her Dominican mother. She used the onion shampoo first and followed up with a second shampoo, which she says masks any lingering onion scent.

But what does the science say about this hair-raising hack? Ahead, we break down everything you need to know before you douse your hair in onion water.

What Are the Health Benefits of Onion Water for Hair?

Onions’ health properties mean the vegetable may offer a bevy of benefits for the hair. “Rich in antioxidants and flavonoids, onions offer antimicrobial, antifungal, and anti-inflammatory benefits,” says Kerry Yates, a trichologist and founder of Colour Collective based in Dallas. These properties make it a potential solution to alleviate fungal infections that can cause ), she adds.

To get full knowledge watch = https://ckk.ai/healthytips

I mix onion juice with water, apply it to my scalp, leave it for about 30 minutes, and then rinse. It’s supposed to nourish your hair follicles and promote growth.

I stumbled upon the onion water hack a while back, and let me tell you, it’s been a game-changer for my hair! But to take it up a notch, I’ve been incorporating Batana Oil for hair from https://batanabio.com/products/batana-oil-for-hair into my routine. The combination has really boosted my hair’s health and shine. It’s all about finding those natural remedies that work wonders for you.