• Cardio – cardiovascular workouts are great for the body as it helps with both health and losing weight. Start out by just walking if you are not comfortable running. The elliptical machine is also a great way option for those who are not ready to run. If you are ready or comfortable to run, feel free to do so.
• Resistance or Weight Training – it is important to incorporate resistance or weight training into your routine as this helps build and develop muscles which will lead to a great physique and a healthy body.
• Stretching – stretching at the end of workouts can help with the body’s flexibility and prevent any injuries.
• Counting Calories – determine how many calories your body should have, this can be easily done online. Get your height and your weight to help with the process. Also, read the labels of what you are eating so as to get a rough estimate of your calorie intake.
• Protein and Grains – lean protein helps with your muscles while whole grains give you fiber for proper digestion.
• Removing Sweets – start off removing one kind of sweets at a time. Soft drinks and sweet beverages should be replaced with real fruit juice, green tea, and water. Try to wean off of sweet foods as well so as to help with overall body health and energy.