Has anyone tried the Dukan diet?

This diet has more stages besides the weight loss stage and it promises not to ever gain weight again, guiding you through all the stages. Has anyone experienced it?

It is based on eating lots of protein and veggies from time to time. This includes dairy, meat and eggs. Carbs are almost 100% excluded.

I found this article about the science behind losing weight: http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=56398. To my surprise, it talks about eating dairy and proteins, which is exactly what Dukan requires as well.

Never tried this one yet, and maybe I have to look more about it. Kinda interesting.

1 Like

The problem with Dukan is its 5 stages. I was only able to go through the second stage. This means I lost the pounds I wanted to lose, but I gained them back on because I didn’t want to keep dieting anymore. So, I can’t really say how effective it is.

For people who like meat, and I mean really like meat, this diet is ok. However, too much protein and no fruits isn’t exactly the most ideal combination. A friend of mine simply got sick of eating that much meat.

I only heard about it. I have friends who used to follow this diet and they really lost weight. The meat aspect isn’t nice though. Also, there are people who really love fruit and it’s forbidden.

I’ve heard this diet is more suitable for people who want to lose more weight, like over 20 pounds.

I agree with you on that, Sasha.